What does a runner want for Christmas? All the things. It’s hard to go wrong, but here’s a non-exhaustive list of our favorites.
1. Compression socks – These are pricey and worth it. Perfect for post run recovery. CEP socks are a reliable brand.
2. Arm sleeves – Brooks, Saucony, Oiselle, Zensah brands were the top picks when we asked others which brand they liked best.
3. Bondi bands – We swear by these. I have never had a headband that says in place, but these do and Bondi has such fun colors.
4. Running Light – This one is a favorite among the Happy Running club. It’s recharageable, adjustable, and doesn’t get in your way. It’s so comfortable that you barely feel it when running. I like that it’s lit in the front and the back.
5. Oiselle Long Sleeve — So much to choose from here. You can’t go wrong with the Flyte Long sleeve. Jack Rabbit also has a plethora of long sleeve shirts from various brands, including their house brand. Our running coach wears their tank tops in the summer and it’s about the coolest tank I’ve seen so far.
6. Athleta leggings – I’ve found that Athleta has no idea how to accurately size and most of their stuff runs big. But, they last and stay in place when running. The Run free 7/8 tight is a favorite. Also, check the Black Friday deals for other brands such as Under Armour heat gear leggings or Nike.
7. Cozy sweaters for post running – this is a dose of just luxury. The softer the better. If you need an example: Wool/Cashmere crew
8. Favorite shoes – take a look in his/her closet, note the size, order exact same shoe or find the new model. EASY. Amazon, Zappos, 6pm are all great, and Dick’s will price match Amazon.
10. Dry Needling gift certificates. Yes, it is the gift of self-torture, but we runners need it! If you’re in the Cary or Apex area, Lee and Erin at The Running PTs will hook you up!
11. Stocking stuffers: HUMA gels, NUUN tabs, UCAN bars, Honeystinger Waffles, chapstick, running socks (here’s one of our favorites: These Socks Though!.
13. Oofos Flip Flops – you can find these on sale sometimes at Zulily, Zappos, or Amazon. These are amazing flip flops that are perfect post running. Drop them in your race bag so you can immediately put these on as you walk to the beer tent.